Sunday, June 29, 2014

Radio Dabanga Verified with QSL Card

My long cherished DX dream of verifying Radio Dabanga was fulfilled yesterday. I consider this station as one of the most attractive Clandestine Stations operating today on the shortwave spectrum. I have heard them multiple times in the past yet somehow didn't find enough confidence to send them reception report, mostly because either the signal wasn't clear enough for me to note a distinct station ID or I was lazy to pen down my report after hearing them on air. 

However, on Jun 22, 2013, I listened to their Arabic broadcast on 15725 KHz via Santa Maria di Galeria (CVA) from my QTH in Kolkata, India on my Tecsun PL310 receiver and sent my report to them right away  for verification.

It took me a couple of times to follow up with the audience relation authority and ultimately after 1 year of sending my reception report I received a full-data QSL card delivered to my address from Radio Dabanga. It was sent from Free Press Unlimited office in Amsterdam, The Nederlands.


























If you want to learn more about Radio Dabanga visit their website > www.radiodabanga.org

You can also connect to them on Facebook - Radio Darfur

73's

No comments:

Post a Comment