Sunday, May 24, 2015

Rádio Nacional Da Amazônia QSL Card Received

On May 22, 2015, I received a QSL card by registered mail from Rádio Nacional Da Amazônia in Brasilia verifying my monitoring report & audio file of their broadcast sent to them in early January 2015. The QSL verifies my reception of their transmission as heard from Mandarmani during ADXL DXpedition on 26th Dec, 2014 on 11780 kHz at 20:00 Hrs UTC RX Tecsun PL660, 90m long-wire antenna. Listen to my audio recording-






This is the second time that EBC (Empresa Brasil de Comunicação) - the Brazilian government-owned corporation that manages the government's radio and television stations, has verified my reception report. In June 2014 I had my first Reception Verification from Rádio Nacional Da Amazônia However, back then I had to remain satisfied with just email verification as because, EBC didn't had any QSLs in stock! After several follow-ups their reply was quite intriguing “We are unable to give you a date, but a public bidding process has been initiated to select a firm to print the cards.” (Translated from Portuguese)

As it seems now, my second attempt to QSL Rádio Nacional Da Amazônia didn’t go astray. Early in March 2015, I was seeing New EBC QSLs popping up in multiple Facebook groups and some personal blogs of DXers (especially from Japan and Latin America). After a good look I concluded that EBC is issuing the new cards only to fresh reports (those logged from B14 season onwards), Hence, although I was pretty sure that my earlier report (of Jan 2014) would not fetch me QSL card, I certainly kept my fingers crossed for my reception report of 26th Dec, 2014. Here are snaps taken just after opening the envelope from EBC.










Till next time, 73 from Kolkata, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment